I realize belately I should share the recipe if I was going to talk about making the food!
3 shallots, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp red curry paste
4 cups coconut milk
8 oz chicken breasts, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp ground turmeric
1 tbsp lime juice
8 oz egg noodles
1. In a saucepan, heat cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic and cook, stirring until brown. Add curry paste and cook stirring, for 2 minutes.
2. Add coconut milk and bring to low boil. Add chicken, reduce heat and simmer until tender.
3. Add sugar, turmeric, and lime juice. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a separate pot, bring water to a boil.
5. Just before serving soup, add egg noodles to water and cook for 1 minute. Drain and split noodles to serving bowls.
6. Pour soup over noodles.
The original recipe is from Linda Stephen’s complete book of Thai cooking, by far one of the most usable and complete cookbooks for Thai food I have tried.