I wouldn’t call myself an adventurer.
Out-door rock climbing?
Eh, no thanks. I’m too young to die.
I am active, nonetheless. And skiing comes on top as one of my favourite winter trips to make. Skiing/snowboarding is probably more a group than a solo activity.
Things I enjoy the most about the skiing:
– Hitting the slopes early, before the crowds. Going for the fresh show before they are skiied out.
– Not waiting for meet-ups at rendez-vous points.
– Conversing with fellow gondola riders.
– Squeezing into the lone free window seat at the summit lodge for lunch.
– Not having to wait for space to free up at the Aprés Ski happy hours.
– Women’s night specials. Need I say more?
– Meeting and mingle with all sorts of people in the bars.
– Getting the upgrade at the hotel, in event of a last-minute cancellation.
Some day, I’ll make it to the Alps….